Resonator for a 3" exhaust?

Thomas Reynolds treynolds@gonetrix.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:38:44 -0600

>My setup has no resonator in the
>midpipe so what I found was the Dynomax Bullet, a 3" ID perf
>core to use as a premuffler.

Yep. I couldn't find *any* other muffler for a 3" resonator besides the
dynomax bullet. Magnaflow does NOT make one either. Well not a 4" OD / 3" ID
one anyway. That's the problem, you can find 3" ID perforated glasspacks all
day that are 5-6-7+" OD which is too big to fit in the tunnel, so you'd have
to hang them extremely slow.

My 3" system is scheduled to go in Saturday, woohoo! I am going with a
custom SS Magnaflow 18" body muffler instead of the normal 14" mirror finish
race series, and several dynomax bullets. I want my exhaust as quiet as
possible.

I am going to take a lot of pics of the work and post them for everyone to
see. This may be good for a SERCA article!

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
Fmax Stage II Turbo