2003 Convention

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:23:44 -0600

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 12:28, Jim Wright wrote:

> I'm originally from that area, but am too far away to coordinate things.  I
> know there are some St. Louis area members and this was talked about briefly
> for 2002, but I don't remember who was involved.

Well, the Missouri-side cats should be Plains States members, but I
don't know any Illinois-based members just yet.  I didn't know that
Great Lakes was a contingent for the '03 convention.  Anyway, isn't the
hub of GLR pretty much Chicago?  It's only a couple more hours from
there to Topeka as opposed to St Louis. ;)

> Well, sounds like you're off to a start there at least.  Other than having
> some of the best BBQ in the world (right after Memphis), what else are you
> going to do to sell us on that location?  ;)

Call me biased, but Memhpis-style never settled well with me for some
reason.:)  Anyway, PSR is small, but we're highly enthusiastic.  I'm
doing everything I can to increase not only activity but membership.
I've recruited no less than four SERCA candidates in four months, and
I've instigated two get-togethers...I'm ready to try my hand at a real
geekout next, with Brad Woodworth's okay and a little bit of assistance.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |