2003 Convention

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:37:22 -0600

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Jim Wright wrote:

> I'm originally from that area, but am too far away to coordinate things.  I

Yeah, that'd sort of be a *MUST*

> know there are some St. Louis area members and this was talked about briefly
> for 2002, but I don't remember who was involved.

Hopefully they'll speak up so we can see if there is a concentration
enough... not only that, but they have to be very willing... I'm telling
you that if work had known how much time I spent *AT* work on the 2001
convention, I'd be fired a long time ago!

> Well, sounds like you're off to a start there at least.  Other than having
> some of the best BBQ in the world (right after Memphis), what else are you
> going to do to sell us on that location?  ;)

Uh, *I* plan on making an appearance ;)

Seriously though, anyone who's been to a convention can speak up... it's a
truely unique experience and it's especially fun to meet some of the
bigger names you see on the mailing lists all the time (Mike Kojima,
George Roffe, Rob Cadle, Ray Kawski, Lee Koloszyc, etc... hell, maybe even
Naji)  The discounted track event (with *ALL* SE-Rs) should be a fairly
large attraction as well.  Awesome comraderie (like you'll find with no
other car club)  It's just all-around a really, really good time.  All the
rest of you convention-goes from previous years, feel free to speak up
now!

kieran