2003 Convention

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:21:21 -0600

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Jim Wright wrote:

> Well, personally I'd rather see it held in St. Louis (Gateway International
> Raceway, anyone?).

Jim - do you live near/around St Louis?  Or do you know anyone in that
area?  ....

> I think the big question should be, what locations have enough members that
> can plan the event and coordinate everything?  I'd suggest that the local

Yes, this is the *BIG* problem... we can toss out 'ideas' all we want but
that's what it comes down to!  We need actual members that are willing to
help in the planning of the convention.  St Louis sounds nice as well but
I don't know of any club members (or even list members) that are in that
area... or even, if there are, not in quantity :(  We've got (I believe) 5
or 6 people in KC ready, willing, and able to help.  They're very excited
to help out.

> If this is to be announced at the 2002 convention, we'd need to pretty much
> nail this down by the end of February.

Yes... soon!

kieran