Intake and Filter Review

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 02:25:27 -0600

I have a new intake and filter arriving tomorrow, and I have every
intention of shooting at least one long roll of film during the install
and test proceedure.  Firstly, I'm doing the install on my '01 SE, which
is barely documented at all compared to other Bs and P10s.  Secondly,
I'm installing an untested (and advised-against) intake system.  Between
these two factors, there are three primary goals I wish to reach:

 1) Show how it's done in general (a little redundant, since this kit
isn't *that* different from a JWT POP which is already documented).

 2) Prove that it works (if it indeed works).

 3) Expose why it doesn't work (if it does not work as I hope it will).

I've read in other parts of SE-R.net about others using a DVM to read
what's going on inside the MAF; would this data be useful to me?  What
kind of data should I look for once the pins are placed on the wires?
Are the wires and signals on/from my MAF similar enough to a B14 MAF
that I can use information from SE-R.net and the list archives to get
this data?

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |