det swap

Kevin J. Hart khart@usit.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 00:08:45 -0600

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Its not a simple little pull and push job.  Not like pulling that 305 out of
an early 80's cambird and swaping in a 350.  You will need lots of little
parts plus expensive bits like the ECU to make it bullet proof.  Read, read
and read some more.  Buy a FSM for your car and go over it a 100 times.  Go
back to the archives and then start asking questions.  If you are too scared
but have cash in hand go to someplace like sr20developement and have them do
it for you.  Probaly better for someone thats not familar with the whole
process.  Dont just jump in throwing money at things.  Be laborouis with
measurements and trouble shooting dont just go assuming something is bad and
start replacing the whole engine bit by bit.  Then ask some more
questions....oh yea get friendly with any loved ones first and applogise for
being rude the whole time beforehand.  Then get friendly with any other SE-R
monkeys in your area. Then get friendly with knowledge centers like Geo,
Rob, Mike, Chris, your common sense area of your brain.  Then ask more
questions.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
Ugly by nature, slow by choice