LANCER?

Dan Lee danclee93@yahoo.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:34:25 -0600

--- spdracer@mail.utexas.edu wrote:

> I think Mitsu is suppose to bring over the EVO in
> 2003 and in full trim, not
> watered down like the WRX is.  But Subu is suppose
> to bring over the Sti
> version soon which has all the ponies.

> Khiem

I found this message on that Lancer Registry link that
someone posted (not vouching for its validity, just
passing it on):

"Okay, i have a close friend who works for mitsubishi,
and lets just leave it at that...
Here is what he's told me about the Evo...
The EVO is DEFINETLY coming to the states, it'll be
here APRIL of 2003... Wait, before you get too
excited, there is some bad news... It will 99.9% be
DE-TUNED... More than likely it will be the 4G63
engine, with i suppose some sort of limiters... Which
really isn't a big deal, just have it UN-de-tuned...
=) Bodywork wise, this hasn't been set in stone yet
either, but it may look more like the Lancer OZ that
we have now... The stupid headlights and ugly front
grill is what i'm talking about... There will also be
a LIMITED run of them... He's heard the number 3000
being thrown around... And last but not least, what
you've all really been wanting to hear, sticker
price...

"Over $30,000 under $35,000"...

Stay tuned, i will keep you guys posted as much as i
can... That's all he knows for now, no color schemes
etc etc... And please, don't hold any of this over my
head, nothing has been confirmed, it just came from a
close friend of mine who loves the Lancer as much as i
do, and he has an added bonus of working for Mitsu...
=)"

Dan
93 SE-R