Fast and Furious

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:03:28 -0600

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 11:53, Jim Wright wrote:

> Ok, let's just say that the movie was full of so much nonsense that those
> who know what's what probably got so disgusted they had to walk out of the
> theater.

Actually, I thought it was entertaining.  I saw it twice in the theater
and rented the DVD this week (Gauranteed in Stock at Blockbuster, or
it's Free!).  Visually, it was a lot of fun.  Technically, explaining to
non-motorheads wtf they're talking about and *then* telling them how it
*really* works is a mix of fun and tedium.

> Kind of like those of you that know computers get disgusted when you see an
> old PC XT with a monochrome monitor displaying a color image that has an
> Apple II startup beep when turned on and is displaying graphics from a Sun
> workstation while hacked into a government computer pulling down gigabytes
> worth of data over an analog line and backing it up onto a 5.25" floppy.

Um, it was a 3.5" disk (Office Space). :]

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |