WRX

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 17:53:21 -0600

Brent Ellzey wrote:

>I've both a '02 WRX(currently stock) & a '93 SE-R(JWT ECU, Stillen intake &
>exhaust).  The WRX is much quicker overall SOTP than my SE-R...despite the
>WRX being hampered by a ~3100lb curb weight and a pretty big 1-2
>transmission gap.

You should compare it against a boosted SE-R.  I've driven a WRX
(*wonderful* driver's car, if a bit cosmetically challenged) right after
driving my G20 and the G20 has more oomph and more response.  Of course, my
DET is a bit tweaked as well.

That's not to take anything away from the WRX.  It would be *oh* so
tempting if I were in the market for a new car.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>