speedvision world challenge

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:00:11 -0600

mike kojima wrote:

>No matter what, Professional sedan racing is rough.

No doubt.  While that driving is not my opinion of professional, it seems
to be in the eyes of most fans, the team owners, sponsors, and promotors,
as well as SCCA Pro Racing.  My opinion certainly doesn't count.

>So from an armchair view, it might seem like those
>guys can't drive but I am pretty sure only one or two
>guys on this list (Barry Brown or Tim Mather) that
>might be a good enough driver to mix it up with those
>slow guys that can't drive.

Don't forget Greg Amy.  He doesn't pay much attention to this list, but he
is here and he came within a corner or two of winning the SSB national
championship in 92 and has also run IMSA.

Grover and I had the great joy to share a car with Greg in the 6 hour race
at TWS (that was about a 2 hour race for us) in November.  The next day
Greg qualified the car second and finished third.  By far the best outing
for the car.

Those "slow guys" would eat my lunch I'm sure.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>