speedvision world challenge

Rob Cadle robcadle@hotmail.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:19:30 -0600

mike kojima <choaderboy2@yahoo.com> wrote:

>So from an armchair view, it might seem like those
>guys can't drive but I am pretty sure only one or two
>guys on this list (Barry Brown or Tim Mather) that
>might be a good enough driver to mix it up with those
>slow guys that can't drive.

I agree.  The front runner guys are awesome drivers.  They probably have to
come up with cash and sponsorship on their own to get those rides, but they
wouldn't be there if they couldn't drive.

I'm always amazed at how much faster a National class driver is than a
regional driver.  I think it's amazing that the track record for IT cars in
a lot of regions is no faster than the record for the equivalent SS car.
Top level sedan drivers have a lot of talent!

I just think that sports car racing in this country lacks depth of talent.
There are some really great drivers who run at the front, and then there are
a bunch of weekend warrior hacks who don't belong there.

As far as the contact, I say it adds to the entertainment value of it all.
If the whole field is making contact, then that's just the way the series is
run.  if you can't handle it, don't run there.

Personally, I would not like to run in a series like that, and I would fight
like hell to prevent any series I raced in from getting like that.  But, if
that's the way it is, and you know that going in, you really don't have
anything to bitch about

Rob