speedvision world challenge

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:42:40 -0600

The BTCC guys are known for rough driving as well.
They seem like they can drive for the most part.

No matter what, Professional sedan racing is rough.
When I went from SCCA club racing to IMSA I was
surprised/dismayed by all the contact going on.

It is what made me quit racing, I could not handle the
constant contact and rough driving, it scared me.  The
last races of the season were especially rough I
thought.

Maybe it might seem like those guys can't drive but I
was racing against guys like Wayne Talyor, Doc Bundy,
Elliot Forbs Robinson, Randy Pobst and they were way
faster than me!  I am pretty sure they could drive, at
least it looked that way while watching them vanish in
my windshield.

Me and 4-5 other guys would be fighting it out for
last place.  The SE-R was not classified well in
Firehawk.

So from an armchair view, it might seem like those
guys can't drive but I am pretty sure only one or two
guys on this list (Barry Brown or Tim Mather) that
might be a good enough driver to mix it up with those
slow guys that can't drive.

Mike