speedvision world challenge

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:23:01 -0600

> > Whoever said the driver's suck is smoking crack as well.

> Well, I only watched the one program last night, but it looked like
> they
> were a bunch of thirty-something kids in $50k bumper cars.

> Rubbing, cutting too deep in corners (consequently FORCING other
> drivers
> off the course),

They definitely have skill(I watched some great saves) but I think they aren't
very professional.  Nor do some of them have consistentcy which I think is
very important.  There were a few times that a guy would be all by himself and
just run off the road.

And there were countless times that they were over aggressive and out of
control.  The over aggressiveness led to running off track and knocking others
off track.  For example, there were so many times when someone would try to
pull a pass on the inside going into a corner but they'd only be up to the
rear quarter panel of the other car resulting in contact and someone spinning
off.

And that guy Klienburg or however you spell his name, I don't care if he's
been series champ, I think he's a chump.  I lost count of the times he nailed
someone.  He even knocked off his own teammate!  The series looked kinda like
Nascar except with right hand turns :)

Well, that's all my opinion :)