Phantom Grip info

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:58:47 -0600

Actualy the torsen type 2 (I belive thats what they
are called)diffs are are made specifcaly for FWD
applications work very much like a quaife.  I suspect
the quaife is made under licence form torsen.

If you look at the part, it is hard to emagine this
happening.  It is basicaly a block of steel that
pivots on the pinion shaft which takes the loads.  The
springs just add preload to the thing.

On Neons, the pinion shafts are known to walk which
can cause a great deal of damage.  The Phantom grip is
likely to blow apart in that case or get some of the
blame.

Mike