speedvision world challenge

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:27:06 -0600

Rob Cadle robcadle@hotmail.com wrote:

>Keep dreaming, Geo.  The way it works is that you invest X
>amount of dollars and hundreds of hours of your time putting together a
>racecar.  Then, when you go to sell it, you are lucky to be able to get
>1/2X out of the car.  Your time is worth negative dollars :-)

Yeah, that is usually true.  But, not always.  But you're right, I don't know
what I was tripping on.  Psychedelic bananas I guess.  It is entirely possible
though to build a car and sell it for more than you put into it (cash-wise).
It really depends upon how much work you do yourself and if you are building
compoents or just buying and installing components.

>It's almost always cheaper to buy someone else's car than to build your own.

I still say that definitely depends.  For that to be true, you have to buy a
car that doesn't have any faults built into it by the previous owner(s).
There are quite a lot that need a lot of work to make them right.  Sure you
could race them as is, but I don't think you are I are like that.  That is
what I like about building my own car.  I can build it the way I think it
should be built and not have to undo someone else's mess.

George Roffe
84 944 SCCA ITS Uberwagen under construction

http://mail2web.com/ .