Phantom Grip info

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:07:34 -0600

On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 11:53, geo3@earthlink.net wrote:

> mike kojima <choaderboy2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >The Quaife and Torsen FWD diffs also use bind
> >to control the slip

> True, but it's quite different how the Torsen (and Quaife) do it (within the
> gears).

People keep saying Torsen and Quaife as if they were very different.
Realizing that Torsen owns the technology, and Quaife is a race parts
manufacturer, this makes perfect sense, but isn't Quaife's ATB just a
Torsen design?  A friend and I got into this discussion the other night
and noticed that the Quaife ATB for Saturns *appears* to be a Torsen
Type-1 design.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |