Phantom Grip info

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:53:54 -0600

Ben Davis <bendavis@sr20deforum.com> wrote:

>Anyone have one of these yet? I don't how how good it is compared to a
>Quaife diff, but $300 versus $1000 is quite a strong selling point, even if
>they are remotely close to working the same.

I'm still wondering if it's worth it.  I know some folks have had great
success with them, but there was a discussion about them on the 944 list about
a month ago.  Several people knew folks who had them and they failed, causing
expensive damage.  I don't know the exact details, and this info is second
hand since they don't have a 944 application (or no one knew of one a month
ago).

I'm not trying to run the product down in the least.  There is just little
info out there on them so far and I'm just relaying what I heard.  Since
Quaife dropped their price, I personally would probably just save longer and
forgo some other things.

You're right though.... it *is* quite tempting.

George Roffe

http://mail2web.com/ .