speedvision world challenge

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:32:29 -0600

Ok, I have an old issue of SCC that shows some Type R's built and they spent
$75,000 on the cars and prep.  I think that was for one car.  Never mind the
trailer and all the other stuff.  As far as the Driving!!!!  You have Bill
Alberland(sp?) driving in the series and getting beat regularly.  Other
notables have come from Trans Am and even LeMans.  Yes they hit each other
and I don't think they care about what we think about there professionalism.
  They use the old bumper and doorhandles to move someone and win.  Maybe
there should be fines and such but it ussually is fun to watch.  There used
to be a classik that ran in the series.  It never did well (when I watched)
but I don't know about how well it was prepared.  I think seam welding, and
such is mandatory to win.  BTW you can spend $1600 on Volks not including
the tires.  Maybe you can win with a 25,000 in a car.  Many have tried and
failed.

Steve
Sentra SE