speedvision world challenge

Lee Koloszyc nx2kracer@hotmail.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:18:03 -0600

-assuming you have a car already.... $25k? total for the car?

Well I know just to drive a professionally prepared car it is around $75k a
year (Neal Sapp when he took second a year ago only made $40 and lacked any
big sponsors).  To make 225 NA horsepower out of a 11.5:1 SE-R would take
more then $5000 (It is $5000 for an ITS engine that doesn't get cams, higher
compression or anything), probably 10-15k at least and you would probably
want 2 of them!  A $3k suspension probably isn't good enough, probably
looking almost $2k a corner to be competative at least, so probably another
$10-12k for a suspension.  Also you will probably want 3-4 sets of rims and
tires.  Plus you also have to factor in transportation of the car, hotel,
consumables (tires, brakes...).  I mean you can run in the back for cheap
but to win will probably cost you close to $75k...