Hotshot 2nd gen turbo kit

Andris Laivins alaivins@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 03:19:12 -0600

Jon wrote:
> I want to be *crystal* clear about this.  Is it a T31 *exactly* like the
> FMax turbine?  What about using the Turbonetics bearings?  Am I picking
> knits?  Probably.  I'm also curious about whether or not they plan on a
> B15 fitment.

Well, let's put it this way: the manifold has a T3 flange and hangs the
turbo so it clears the block with a T04E compressor housing.  If there's
something specific you want, turbo-spec wise, you can ask for it when you
order, as long as the turbine outlet is the same (not the exducer size, the
flange) so the downpipe still bolts up.  However, the standard turbo spec
will be 50-trim T04E compressor, 76 trim T31 turbine, with either .63 or .82
a/r housings. I believe this is pretty standard by now, as its what Rob
usually recommends.  The .63 should support ~320hp, the .82, ~410.

For the record, development is not done yet, but should be wrapping up in a
few weeks.

As far as B15 fitment.. there is nothing *planned*, but if there is demand,
and John wants to do it, and someone in Southern California wants to loan
their car for awhile... it might happen.  The only things that should differ
are the downpipe and intercooler piping.

> While you're at it, the guys at HS aren't um, talking about an FMIC/Pipe
> kit for BB DETs are they?  I heard some rumor about this a few weeks
> ago, and it's really attractive.

Yes, it exists, you can order it right now.  Someone already has one... It
consists of a front mount intercooler, all the piping, 3" downpipe from the
exhaust elbow back .

Andris Laivins
turbo roadrace crazy monkey mess