alignment question settings..

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:00:11 -0600

On Thu, 2002-01-03 at 16:31, Robert Legere wrote:

> *****You're not too far off for a well-prepared B13 however.

Does that mean I get a banana?

> Drivers will affect the final alignment...different driving
> styles require different settings.

BIG factor; usually overlooked in academic bench-racing sessions like
these.  Ya' gotcher Tiger style, yer Dragon style, and let's not forget
yer Monkey style...

> But ultimately the toe setting will kill the tires more
> rapidly....run either slight toe-in or zero toe if you want the tires to
> last.

HAH!  Tell me about it!  I drive hard around town (I try not to make
noise going around corners; probably around 7/10ths), but demand
stability on the freeway.  With my stock alignment ("in-spec" as of 3750
miles), I've obliterated my outside front shoulder treads to the point
that you can't tell that there ever *were* wear indicators.  Looking at
the fronts and rears would make one think that the you're looking at
different tire models.  The inside of the tread looks fine, and there's
plenty of meat in the middle.  I need a job so I can get this fixed
ASAP.  At this rate, these tires will be very lucky to see 12,000 miles,
and I don't even race or autocross.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |