alignment question settings..

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:16:28 -0600

On Thu, 2002-01-03 at 13:57, geo3@earthlink.net wrote:

> Well, not to schwanzkopf, but this very subject is well address on SE-R.net.

I halfway agree with you.  My contingency is that the best-covered
platform is the B14, which may or may not prefer different settings than
the B13/15, P10/11, and so on.  According to Mike K's excellent articles
at SE-R.net, SOLM, and elsewhere, the B14 likes zero-toe at all four,
with about -1.5* camber in the front, and -1.1* camber in the rear,
assuming that the B14 rear axle is more like than dislike the B15 axle.
Does that really apply to the B13s with their arachnid-inspired rear
articulation and slightly different weight/distribution?  Being the kind
of guy I am, I'd start out by zeroing everything front and rear, then
tipping in the front to said -1.5* and rear to -1.0*, just to start
with.  I bet that's too much rear negative camber for the street,
though.  Probably wrong, I don't even own a B13.

But wait, there's more!  I'm a B15 owner, and I love my car.  Hate my
tires, love my car.  According to Progress, 375# springs front and rear
are ideal for my platform.  GC says that 300/200# is more like it on a
B14.  Where did that extra weight come in?  Why did so much of it land
on the ass end?  I need to get to some corner scales some time soon...

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |