MagnaFlow Mufflers

Nissan Power se-rdan@rogers.com
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 08:25:06 -0500

Jon Pennington wrote:

> Does this muffler qualify as a good one for use as a resonator:

> http://www.roadraceengineering.com/parts/tweekerparts/magnaflow10426.jpg
> http://www.roadraceengineering.com/exhaustparts.htm

>  "perforated" instead of "louvered" is what I'm looking for, but can anyone
> vouch for
> this part number?

Yes Jon, that is correct. But do you want 2 1/2" ?
For 2 1/4" uses the part # 10425.  It also is 18" long
It is also available in 14" long  #10415, and 22" long  #10435

If you want 2 1/4" in S/S,  Part # 14415

> This model sounds like what I'm *not* looking for:
> RRE calls this one a "louvered" core, so it's bad, right?

Louvered is not bad, just not as smooth as perfed.

I actually have a louvered resonator in my system right now
because it was all that was available at the time.
I will be changing it to the #14415 next year though.

Dan
London ON.