Exhaust noise

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
01 Jan 2002 22:30:34 -0600

(This post is not directed at Maurice)

On Tue, 2002-01-01 at 19:48, Maurice Hilarius wrote:

> OK, so get an exhaust system with a removable muffler that complies with
> the requirement for not being louder than stock.

Exactly.  This is often called a tunable muffler, if you're not familiar
with the concept.  Supertrapps are some of the oldest in the US (mostly
used on motorcycles these days), but there are plenty of them on the
market now, with the mad growth spurt in the Sport Compact segment.
Blitz comes to mind as a name you might know.

> I am also assuming that the exhaust on your system must be darned loud,

Hehe.  "GReddy" and "Quiet" are just about mutually exclusive. :]

> Point is, there ARE reasons for these kinds of laws, mainly to keep what
> people run in the suburbs at 3:00 a.m. at a reasonable level..

Exactly.  Be safe, be courteous, and take it to the track! :D

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |