More Engine Diag Crap

Viola Armstrong yesous2@earthlink.net
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:41:34 -0500

> My hopefully last issue is that the idle will not drop below 1200rpm.

I just thought of something. Did you check the screw that is attached to
the throttle? It is located right where the accelerator cable ends. Hope
this makes sense. Anyway I remember a shop set my idle buy using this
screw, I cleaned my throttle body and couldn't figure out why the idle
wouldn't go below 11 rpms all of a sudden. Found out that my idle was set
by using this screw. They had turned it up, I turned it back down enough to
were the throttle cable thingy just rested on it. My idle went back down :)
Only problem is I don't know how low you are suppose to turn it down. Maybe
someone else who has some skillz can help you with that part, if this is
your problem.  Joel

--- Joel & Viola Armstrong
    Walk by Faith not by Sight
--- yesous2@earthlink.net