(no subject)

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
01 Jan 2002 18:23:54 -0600

On Tue, 2002-01-01 at 17:00, J. Manes wrote:

> No person shall modify the exhaust system of any such motor vehicle in a
> manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of such
> vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the
> vehicle, and such original muffler shall comply with all the requirements of
> this section.

Two words: Cork it.  Is it a tunable muffler?  Does it have the plug in
it?  This part of the law makes perfect sense, and you can fight the
ticket in a court based on this, if you can prove that your exhaust
makes the same or lower levels of noise than a similar production
exhaust.  I'd say take it to a muffler shop and get 'em to weld up a
section from the b-pipe to the tailpipe with a $40 muffler on it.  That
GReddy arrestor is just a little too loud for the local law, me thinks.

Of course, if you had a turbo, the noise would probably be lower than a
stock, non-turbo car, even with the GReddy pipes as they shipped.
Hmmm... ;)

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |