(no subject)

Ben Davis bendavis@sr20deforum.com
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 19:10:07 -0500

> No person shall modify the exhaust system of any such motor vehicle in a
> manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of
such
> vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the
> vehicle, and such original muffler shall comply with all the requirements
of
> this section.

I can understand that closed-minded bureaucrats hate loud exhausts enough to
put all people who create them behind bars, but why is THIS noise outlawed
and no others? I can make any loud noise I want of any kind until someone
complains and then it can decided by the government whether or not to deem
it a public nuisance or not, but simply outlawing a particular type of
noise? There was this one religious fanatic when I went to Purdue University
that would stand in the middle of a square and shout bullshit ideas all day
long. That was noise and because the sound didn't come from a modified
exhaust of an automobile and was seen as "free speech" it was allowed to
exist.

I say if you don't like the noise, ANY kind of noise, complain to the person
who is making it. If you can't come to an agreement, then take it to court.
What is NOT correct to do make a law that a particular kind of noise is
considered a wrongful act enough to be punished by the law for.

We may live under the best government in the world, but there are some parts
of it that are still evil and opressive.

Ben Davis
hater of many traffic laws