Engine Diag Help Needed

Matthew Kogan mkogan@ma.ultranet.com
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 12:29:26 -0500

I'm in need of some Engine Diag assistance from some of the Experts out
there.

I had spun a bearing back in October and for the fix, got a used SR20 from a
G20.

I finally got the chance to spend my Xmas vacation installing the new
engine, got it all installed and hooked up and started it up yesterday.

So, here is  my issues that I'm looking for help on.

1.  I am getting NO temperature readings on the gauge, but the harness and
sensor seem to ring out electrically the way they should, except maybe a
little low voltage on the power line  4.85V instead of 5 and the sensor
itself read about 2.5ohms.

2.  It's running VERY Rich, practically dumping Raw fuel out the exhaust.

3.  The timing is very advanced, looks like 20deg, but I cannot properly
adjust it until I can get some Temperature.

Also, I had to put a new connector on the Thermal Transmitter, not Temp
Sensor.  But I cannot find anything about what it does in the FSM, could
this be my problem?

Matthew Kogan
mkogan@ma.ultranet.com