tensioner problem

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 23:20:47 -0800 (PST)

My baby is crying when I start her,  I cant let it go on any longer!!!  Ok I
was all ready to order a new tensioner when I read Rick Zotz install for it.
Between that and whats on se-r.net about it I dont think this is my problem.  I
mean it sounds exactly like what it says on se-r.net "Engine noises (clatter)
just after starting the car."  It sounds almost like a grinding noise or a
chain clatter.  Its not the squeel ive heard from the starter problem.  The
problem also seams to be getting worse as it gets colder.  On Ricks site it
says "Compare the old tensioner to the new one (see photos). If the old one
looks wimpy compared to the new one, continue with the steps below. If they are
identical, STOP - you may re-install the old tensioner using the steps below,
or install the new one, but either way, your engine has a related but different
problem. "  well... it never says the problem.  Well now im confused, do I buy
the tensioner or is that not even the problem?

thank you very much in advance
-sean  97 200sx se-r