First tank of fuel done

Thomas Reynolds treynolds@gonetrix.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:25:00 -0500

Ben wrote:
> Dang, you guys need to lighten up. Thomas, you got those big injectors and
> hungry turbo and you got 27mpg? I narrowly made 17mpg my first turbo tank!
> Why even install it if all you are going to do is putz around? :-)

LOL! Well admittingly Ben I have to gain trust in my car again so I am being
easy on it. Considering I have not had the tranny shotpeened, and am still
breaking in the stock clutch, I am taking it a *little* easy. BUT I am not
hard on a car either. I am kind of with Geo's way of driving, have the
power, enjoy installing all the goodies but not rag the crap out of it on a
daily basis. I'd like to treat my car as if I bought it from Nissan this way
and I am triple checking all connections, hoses, gauge readings and fluids
for a while. Not too mention without an exhaust after the cat it's louder
than a damn space shuttle takeoff! (Trying to keep a low profile from the
law) It is DEAFENING, to the point of scaring a friend sitting in the
passenger seat when I started it yesterday, windows rolled up too.

I don't plan on getting rid of it ever. It is my daily commuting
computer-network-servicing-mobile. :)

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
F-Max Stage II Turbo