Proud new owner!!

Steve Pechkoff SPechkoff@gfisystems.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:14:52 -0500

Picked up the new silver Spec V last night.

Yep, still love it.

First impressions:

1.	Lotsa torque, and you can really feel when the secondary intake
runners open up.  Just like the old Contour (sniff, sniff).

2.	The steering wheel is a little offset from the driving position.
You wouldn't know it to look at it, but after 50km on the highway, you start
to feel that somethings just not quite right.

3.	LOVE the stereo.  Wow.

4.	Build quality is top notch.  Not a single squeak or rattle.  The
materials used for the dash and doors seem a little cheap, but it IS based
on an econobox.  Can't really complain.

5.	Why can't they light up the cruise control buttons?  They're all
clustered so close together and in the dark, it's a little clumsy.

6.	I have the car one bloody night, and now it's starting to snow.
Damn.  I guess I'll find out how bad the Conti's are in the snow.  Hopefully
not from the ditch...

7.	I don't know what all the mags were complaining about with the
shifter.  I think it's just fine.  It seems a little tall, but the shifts
are precise.

Stephen Pechkoff
GFI Control Systems Inc.
Kitchener, Ontario