Altima KA24DE -> SR20DE(T) Swap?

Kevin J. Hart khart@usit.net
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:35:48 -0500

I would point ya to altimas.net but honestly some of those people couldnt
tell you what the difference is between a piston rod and a brake pad.  I
know the last time I was lurking around there, there was talks of a couple
people attempting it.  Think one of the hold backs is the tranny and
electrical.  Would entail an entire wireing harness I would suspect.  Then
the tranny differences plus axles that would be needed.  I dont see why it
would be that hard...just a matter of seeing if the mounts line up.  If not,
then you are talking about alot of fabing up...

As it was once said..."be innovative"
the reply is usualy, "innovation leads to motor going boom" :)

One big thing is that the Altima is a heavy car, and it being FWD there is
no real benifit to putting a sr20 in it.  Even turboed it doesnt make alot
of sense other than the "kewl" factor that may go along with it.  The 240 is
RWD which means lot more fun and the 240 has good underpinnings which make
it a nice car.  The alty has really nothing going for that swap.

The reason why the Alty has a sr20det in it in japan is mainly for taxes.
With the 2.4 in it, they would have to pay gonzos more tax than a 2.0 turbo.
So they put smaller turboed engines in them.

My friend lives in Malisia(?spelling i suck) and he looked up what it would
cost him to take back a hummer, 6.0 diesel.  it would be upwards of i think
30,000 dollars a year just in taxes and various things.  Thats why he had an
EvoIII for a daily driver back there....

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
really needs to move to places with cool cars.