Driving Schools (long)

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:28:39 -0500

Alex Samardzich <rwd_sr20det@importnut.net> wrote:

>Before I put my foot in my mouth, would autocrossing be considered
>"driving"?  If that's the case, then I love driving.  More than sex...well.
>Okay, I love driving.

Racing is better than sex.  For one thing, you get to trade and upgrade the
car. ;-)

>I also understand that there is a lot of preperation
>involved.  I don't know if I could be involved in a team and not drive.

But, you should realize that crewing can be a way to get into the driver's
seat, if only for the schools required to get a competition license or rather,
to be signed of to race on your permit.  Many people have gotten started that
way.

If you know someone who races, offer to come to the track and help.  If they
come to the track alone, I assure you they will welcome the help.  Learn about
set-up and preparation, and help prepare the car, and you might be able to
borrow it for your schools.  Just remember, you must return the car in the
condition it was handed over to you.  You bend it, break it, or blow up
something, and it's your responsibility to fix it.  Welcome to racing. :-)

George Roffe

http://mail2web.com/ .