What to do w/a sickly 130K '91 SE-R

Pat Stafford ppstaff1@excite.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:46:18 -0800 (PST)

I have a '91 SE-R w/130K.  Has the 5th gear pop-out problem, burnt cam lobes
& lifters due to a blocked oiler tube, and much black tar buildup in the oil
system.  I purchased this car new, changed the oil religiously @ 3000mi, and
used it mostly for freeway commuting.
Should I dump the $4,000+ ($2600 for head rebuild/$900 for trans work, $160
AAC valve, + some other misc stuff) into it for repairs (unfortunately I
haven't the facilities or time to do it myself), or cut my losses, dump it &
buy something else?  I just need a reliable 4 seater @ this point, though I
hate to part w/my SE-R, as it used to ROCK so well! (its kinda makin me cry)
Is there any market for an ill one such as this?

P@

Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact always with Excite Messenger
http://messenger.excite.com