An Engineers proof that Santa is dead (no se-r content)

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:18:08 -0500

Johnston, James W <james.w.johnston@intel.com> wrote:

>>>Even granting that the "flying" reindeer can pull 10 times the normal
>>>amount, the job can't be done with eight or even
>>>nine of them---Santa would need 360,000 of them.

>>Damn.  What is that in horsepower?

>Actualy, due to Roffe's writeup (I think it was Roffe who wrote it..) I
>believe it would be a measurement in torque, not HP.

Oh, not come on.

You're just pulling my leg now.  *Somebody* must have a conversion from
reindeerpower to horsepower.  It can't be any more complicated than the
conversion from pferdstarke to horsepower.

I suppose we *could* put them on a inertial dyno, but that would have to be a
mighty big drum.  If we did that, I don't know how we would hook up the speed
sensor to calculate torque.

George Roffe
Turd Rex
(working on that lump o' coal - probably delivered airmail to the head ;-)

http://mail2web.com/ .