Cold start probs with a 93 Infiniti G20

NissanPower se-rdan@rogers.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 21:02:03 -0500

"Graham, Ted" wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response.  What is "dry gas"?

I think Geo was referring to a 'gas dryer' additive. BG chemicals
has a very good one. It wouldn't hurt to try it.

> I have never replaced the cap, rotor or wires.  Could problems there be
> causing the flooding?  Or problems there cause a weak spark, which fails to
> start the car, which leads to flooding?

This is a possibility, and a good place to start.

> Finally, once it is flooded, if holding the throttle down and cranking
> doesn't start it, is there something else I can do?  I can carry a plug
> wrench and new plugs, but will they help?

Holding it to the floor puts the ecu in 'clear flood' mode. It won't
inject fuel while cranking, and usually will start.
Flooding is common on VG30 and VH45, but rare on an SR20.

>  I've heard of "starting fluid",
> but I don't know when or how to use it.

DO NOT USE STARTING FLUID.

Just do a good tune up, add a good fuel system cleaner,dryer,
and see what happens from there.
I would be surprised if it still happens.

Dan
London ON.