problems with clutch install

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:14:29 -0800 (PST)

> Oh, THE DISK WILL NOT FIT BACKWARDS for Gods sake. I
> have seen that
> listed every time someone has a clutch problem for
> the past month.

***Exactly. I just did a B16A swap and the car would
not go into any gear with the car running. It *does*
go into gear with the car off.  A friend told me that
I probably installed the disc backwards. I told him
that this was impossible because the pressure plate
won't even bolt on correctly if the protruding portion
of the disc is facing the flywheel.

It looks like I *might* have a defective Clutchmasters
pressure plate. I will have to pull the tranny
tomorrow morning...not fun :-(

By the way, the Honda clutch cable does not have the
same interference issues as the Nissan, so I am
alomost convinced I got a bad pressure plate.

=====
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R