My 200SX is back on the road, Fmax equipped!!

JasonHDuty@aol.com JasonHDuty@aol.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:29:05 EST

In a message dated 12/16/01 4:20:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
se-r-request@lists.deskmedia.com writes:

> Got the clutch in today overnight Saturday delivery from ACT, it looked
>  great. Started bolting everything up around 1:30, got done about 6:00.
Crunk
>  her up, and proceeded to start selecting GEARS!

>  Went to the gas station 5 miles up the road and filled her up (the fuel
>  light was on) and ripped it. Immediately lost traction in first out of the
>  gas station and choked it into second before watching the boost gauge go to
>  8lbs....

It would be in your best interest to take it easy on the clutch for at least
500 miles, lest you *like* changing clutches.  I tell my guys to act as
though there's a glass of water on the hood & you're trying not to spill it
for that time period.  At mile marker 501 *then* let it rip.  A Turbo/SC/NOS
system with a diff & a clutch at the same time is hell.  All that power on
tap but not being able to use it for 500 city miles.  Driving to Chattanooga
& back doesn't count.  =)

JD, praying to the great Pumpkin in hopes that Thomas didn't glaze his new
clutch.