My 200SX is back on the road, Fmax equipped!!

Thomas Reynolds treynolds@gonetrix.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:48:08 -0500

Frank wrote:
> Whoa there.  What kind of gauge are you using?  Where are you getting your
> reading from? I remember you saying something about a relocation kit for
all
> your oil pressure readings.  Oil pressure at idle when the car is fully
> warmed up should be between 12-18 psi.  When the car is cold, I see
upwards
> of 70 psi of oil pressure.

Hrmrm. What oil are you running? What filter? I have a Mobil 1 filter, and
fresh Mobil 1 10w30. What rpm does your car idle? Mine jumps up to 10-11 if
I barely bump the throttle to just 1000rpms.

I am using an Stillen (made by SPI) *electrical* oil pressure gauge. My
sensor is on a relocation oil block that is made by Ben Rockwell over behind
the pass headlight. So the oil has to go through a SS braided teflon hose
from the stock sender location over to the relocation block which has the
stock sender, Stillen sender, and then a line out to the turbo.

I am hoping it's the gauge. But I am SERIOUSLY concerned. FSM states 11 at
idle and ~46 at 3200, whereas mine seems to be down 6 psi respectively from
both those readings, 5 and 40.

Geo, what did you have electrical SPI's? If so what reading did you have in
the beast? G20?

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
F-Max Stage II Turbo