Rear Disc Seized

se-r@maverick.to se-r@maverick.to
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 02:09:29 -0800

I threw my school bag into my car and it hit the hand brake and then
tumbled onto the passenger seat. I started the car and noticed that the
ABS light was on for much longer than normal. I started driving and it
felt like the car was being held back. I stopped the car, got out and
the rear passenger side disc was bright red and smoking!  I called
Nissan roadside assitance, which runs out in a few days, and got the car
towed to the nearest dealer. My car is a 1998 SE-R with original rear
brakes and 60 000 miles. Anyone know if hitting the hand brake could
have caused the problem? Is the caliper shot?

Stefan "On the 1st day of Christmas my SE-R gave to me.... " Thibeault