sr20ve

Enoch Chow exc8636@njit.edu
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:04:28 -0800

with the mention of the sr20ve lately, i have some questions about turboing
this type of engine.  my questions really deal around the vvl.  i know that
many people turbo the vtec's.  would there be some kind of advantage
turboing a vvl equipped engine, vs no vvl?  i believe the meguiars type r
has super and turbocharger, boosting a combined 30 psi (not quite sure of
that number, but i believe that is what stupid street said), on the stock
compression. would this be possible on the sr20ve?  i know ideally, we'd
want 8.5 or lower.  and i know that a det already has piston coolers, oil
coolers, and other things that make it built for turboing.  i just want to
know if there would be and advantages or disadvntages with going a turbo on
a vvl.  it seems that carl monopoli put in a lot of work and money to only
get 300 hp out of ve.  if i started with a det, it would be a lot easier to
make 300 hp, no? thanx for any help.

Enoch Chow
http://www.2by2.net/oewoko
http://ewok.nissanpower.com