Help with turbo plumbing

Andris Laivins alaivins@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 22:27:35 -0800

rob wrote:
>>I'm pretty sure the compressor outlet flange for both a GTi-R and a
Bluebird are the same.
Geo replied:
> If that is the case, you can use the compressor discharge housing from a
> 300ZXTT.  There are two different housings.  One is at a 90 degree
> angle.  You don't want that one.  The other (and the one you want) is at a
> 45 degree (or so) angle.  This expands to 2", or close enough to
> connect to 2" IC pipe.

As another option, I could make these available from hotshot, if anyone
wants. It would be the triangle flange with a short tube that expands to 2"
with a bead-rolled lip, plus the 3 bolts. Hotshot has a full intercooler kit
for bluebirds, but I know some people are the DIY type (like me). We also
make the 3-bolt flange for the turbine exhaust elbow if anyone needs those.

Andris Laivins