Automobile Magazine (shameless plug)

Alex Samardzich rwd_sr20det@importnut.net
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:22:15 -0600

> I think the guys from the Honda Hybrid list are pretty
> cool, performance guys, just like us,

Most of the guys that I know of that hang around the hybrid community are
genuine car nuts.  I've been privy to some pretty crazy stuff that I don't
think I would be able to tackle (tearing down componenets and such).  They
aren't honda guys, they are total gear heads that use Honda's as their
outlet.

I know of only one other DIY hybrid in Indaina.  I helped him with it.  We
are die hard autocrossers and have been doing a good job of beating down the
competetion (hi Steve Linn!)  We are both serious about going fast and doing
it right.

>but if you want
> a taste of the majority of Honda builders, go hang out
> at Club Si for a while.  Many of them are morons with
> an attitude.  Morons I can handle, Morons with
> attitude make me walk away.

You're a better man than I am then.  I can't handle any kind of moron. :)

That's why I haven't spent more than about 10 minutes total on Club Si since
it's introduction.  It's a joke.  The 6G Si is a nice car with a motor
that's too small for it's weight.  However, these morons like to think it's
God's gift to the automotive world.  After I finished my B18C1 swap into my
coupe, I went driving around looking for these Si punks.  Haven't lost yet.
At the strip or on the street.  They hate it.  They look at the car and say
something obsurd like "dude, you have black side molding, your car can't be
that fast"

 Some Moron from Club Si
> told Rob Cadle (the smartest ME I know) he was a
> shitty engineer and did not know shit about turbos,
> after Rob absolutely put him away with the math and
> science that he was wrong.  Most of the guys there
> think Rob is not all that.

Rob is a genieous in my eyes.  I've posted his info on my website in an
attempt to share what he has to offer.  Only a "moron" Si guy would argue
with him.  Again, we are dealing with people that think a 160hp 111ft-lb
motor in a car that weighs 2700lbs is fast.

> Usually when I am out driving around and someone is
> trying to start some trouble, guess what kind of car
> he is driving?
<snip>
> and sometimes innocent people, guess
> what sort of car he was usually driving?

Agreed.

> Cops know this, people who don't like imports know
> this, I hate that shit.  That why I wont own one.
> Maybe it's not a car maker thing, its a generational thang.

I got my civic WAY before I ever even heard of building civics...or imports
altogether.  I was actually one of the first people in northwest Indiana to
have a Honda with an exhaust on it.  The only reason I knew of this stuff
was because of a friend that was stationed in Hawaii.  When I finally
started going to School at Purdue I was one of the only modded Hondas on the
road.

Now it's obscene.  I don't know how long it will take for the cops to take
notice and start picking on imports, but the time is near.  It was great
being incognito for a long time, now I had to try and leave my car as stock
looking as possible to keep off of the fuzz's radar.

At anyrate, complements on a very well written post Mike.

-Alex

-'95 Civic GSR Coupe
-'95 240SX SE
http://importnut.net/